Saturday, December 31, 2011

Top 10 of 2011

As 2011 very rapidly draws to a close, I find myself reminiscing about the overwhelmingly amazing things that have happened in my life in the past 365 days...there have been a lot of them, but here are a few of my faves (in no particular order):


1. The birth of our son, Dylan Edward McQuade, on April 4th 
OK, so this IS my favorite thing that happened this year, and probably my favorite thing that's EVER happened.



2. Writing my first blog post
I've thought about entering the blogosphere for a few years but never had the nerve. Turns out that parenthood has made me kinda gutsy.  


3. Turning 30
Spent the perfect day with my guys...had a picnic, went for a hike, cooled down with some strawberry fro-yo, and consumed excessive amounts of Indian food.

Dylan loved his first hike with his Dad!
4. Celebrating my second anniversary with my husband, Ed
It was our first date since Dylan was born. I got dressed up, drank wine, and held hands all evening with the most wonderful man in the world...perfection.


5. Dylan's dedication ceremony at the UUFNW
I'm so lucky that I get to raise my son in such an awesome spiritual community.


6. My first Mothers Day as a mom
Spent the day with three generations of amazing mothers (myself included). I smiled a ton, and cried a bit too (but in a good, sappy, "I'm a new mom and life is so beautiful" way).
Dylan made me a delicious breakfast in bed
7. My brother's engagement
My brother, Bryce, proposed to his sweet, amazing, loving, gorgeous girlfriend Vanessa on Christmas Day. I've decided that Bryce gave me the BEST Christmas gift ever...a new sister. 


8. Seeing Dylan's face for the first time
In a 3D ultrasound in March...it was totally love at first sight.
9. Painting again
I created these Andy Warhol-inspired paintings as a Secret Santa gift for my brother-in-law who works for Heineken. Working on this project while wrangling an 8-month-old during the busy holiday season made me realize that I CAN find time to work on my art on a regular basis.
10.  All of Dylan's firsts
His first smile, first laugh, the first time he rolled over, crawled, and pulled up to standing. Each of these moments took my breath away.


2011 has been a magical year for me and my family...I can't wait to see what 2012 will bring.


Namaste,
- Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment